ABOUT THE GOLF COURSE
Biarritz Le Phare Golf Club is just a stone’s through from the centre of the resort. Biarritz Le Phare was first laid out in 1888 by Willie Dunn and located by the lighthouse (the English translation for Le Phare) but was moved to its present site in the 1960’s. It thoroughly deserves its rating as number 52 in France.
The move put paid to its links holes but it’s still a lovely layout and relatively simple to understand. Flat and not very long at 6000 yards, the par 69 course defends itself with subtle bumps and burrows on the fairways and greens. The clubhouse welcome at Biarritz Le Phare is always very good.